General George G. Meade
School Building History
Genergal George G. Meade School is a historic elementary/middle school located in the North Central neighborhood of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. It is part of the School District of Philadelphia. The building was designed by Irwin T. Catharine and built in 1936. It is a three-story, 11 bay, yellow brick building in a Moderne-style. It has a four-story, five bay addition. It features rounded corners, ribbon bands of windows, and low relief Greek figures. It was named for General George Meade(1815–1872).
The building was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1986